Sunday 4 April 2010

Poem-Mukund P Rao

Let the journey be the aim

Sometimes in life we wonder,
where this quest might lead us?
and when we sit and ponder,
we find we haven’t an answer.
All our lives we always work,
a destination in our minds.
How ‘bout once you drop the aim,
and let the journey be the final aim.
Sit back and then relax, live every day,
knowing, God paid you to play today.
Life will move much slower then,
and you can drink it to the lees.
Enjoy every moment then,
and do not worry about what will be.

Mukund P Rao

Written while I was supposed to be doing a humanities assignment and my mind wandered a bit.

P.S. I never worried about getting the vase shape for the poem. It wasn't my destination. I just wrote the poem and the shape just came along the way. I did alter a couple of lines at the end though but most of it happened on its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment