Saturday 17 April 2010

Poem-Mukund P Rao

Back where I belong..
A long time ago,
I was here,
but ‘twas so long ago,
my memories are now like mist and fog.
 
But in that blur I do remember,
green grass and an ol’ wooden house,
and also a scary one sided bridge,
over a stream into which I thought I’d fall.
 
After thirteen years when I do go back,
to the place I once belonged,
so much has changed,
but yet, some of it has remained the same.
 
A weird sense of déjà vu passes upon me,
I feel I have been here before,
but it was so long ago,
I don’t remember most things anymore.
 
The house is there,
in shambles,
the stream is there,
all dry.
 
All the green has turned to yellow,
and the trees are now all dry.
I feel the sun blazing down upon me,
and feel I just might cry.
 
Through the neglected fields I walked,
through which I once had run, I heard a cello behind me,
as it played a sad welcoming song.
reminding me that I was back where I belonged.
 
Maybe I shouldn’t have come back here,
and let the sepia memories remain faded,
so that all things would be as I imagined,
and the truth I never would see.
 
On the other hand maybe,
'twas good I went.
To see for myself how things really were,
and then comfort myself and say,
‘I have seen the glory days’.


Mukund P Rao
April 18, '10

6 comments:

  1. hummm... this is the best i've read of your's till now. finally a compliment from my side. shabash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wandered here and I am not really feeling lost:)...nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say that you are good would be an understatement. Going to keep coming back here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. As we all know CHANE IS SOMETHING THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Raksha, Laxman and Pinky: Thank you so much,and best of luck on your respective posts for the competition.

    ReplyDelete